Chicken enchiladas are a family favorite - try LALA's spin on a classic using LALA® Mexican Style Sour Cream!
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 8 (8 inch) Flour Tortillas, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Monterey Jack or Mexican Blend Cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup Butter
- 1⁄4 cup Flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can Chicken broth
- 1 cup LALA® Mexican Style Sour Cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped Green Chilies
Start out by pre-heating your oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 9x13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In another pan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
Divide the cooked chicken between 8 tortillas. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla. Roll the enchiladas and place seam-side down in baking dish.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly. Gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in LALA® Mexican Style Sour Cream and green chiles then pour sauce over enchiladas.
Top with remaining 3/4 cup of cheese and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.