Here’s a zesty new spin on your old Tortilla Soup! It’s a wonderfully flavorful and nutritious meal in a bowl that can be served any time of the year. LALA® Crema Mexicana adds a special richness to the mix of chicken and spices for a flavor that will rival the soup at your favorite restaurant.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Oil (Vegetable or Olive)
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ Onion, chopped
- 4 Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Pasilla Chiles, chopped
- 5 cups Chicken broth
- 2 corn Tortillas sliced in squares
- 3 Epazote leaves, washed
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ Chicken breast, fully cooked and shredded
- 6 Corn Tortillas, julienned and baked
- ½ cup Panela Cheese, diced small
- ½ cup LALA® Crema Mexicana (Mexican Style Sour Cream)
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon Pasilla Chile, grilled and sliced
Start by heating up oil in a pot, then slowly add in garlic, onion, tomato, chopped pasilla chile, chicken broth, tortilla strips and epazote. Turn up the heat slightly to bring the mixture to a boil. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Once the mixture has come to a boil, remove from heat. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend for about a minute or until the mixture reaches a consistency you like. Return mixture to the pot and cook at low heat until thickened.
When you're ready to serve, garnish with sliced chicken breast, julienned tortillas, panela cheese, LALA® Crema Mexicana, avocado and grilled pasilla chile.