LALA Branded Products, Inc.
Copyright © 2012.
14 ounces of LALA Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie
1/3 cup of milk
1 cup of sugar
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. of yeast
12 ounces of evaporated milk
16 ounces of cream for cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees Centigrade). Add a small amount of butter and flour (or backing spray) to the tray to prevent sticking.
2. Place the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until fluffy, approximately 1 minute. Decrease the speed to low and with the mixer still running, gradually add the sugar over 1 minute. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix to thoroughly combine. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add the flour and yeast mixture to the batter in 3 batches and mix just until combined.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden.
4. Loosen the edges with a knife before removing the cake. Let the cake cool completely, and then place it in a deep tray. Poke the top of the cake with a fork to create a few small holes on the surface.
5. Mix the LALA Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie, the evaporated milk and 1/4 cup of cream in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on the cake, cover it and put it in the refrigerator. Before serving, pour the remaining mixture on the cake slowly until it is completely absorbed, adorn with the cherries and enjoy.